OK, kind of long story. Jakey Boom Boom loves Elizabeth. We all love Elizabeth. Elizabeth has a brother, Will. Since Will is related to my beloved Elizabeth and shares her genes I automatically love Will. Will is a Music Man and pretty awesome. He belongs to this really cool band called Barefoot Truth . Recently he worked really hard and created a pretty special CD of his own. It is called Wishin’ Well. It is available now on Itunes. I am not the only one that thinks Will’s CD is fantastically awesome. Interview Magazine thought the CD being dropped (music lingo I am not cool enough to use but when I am ever going to be able to use it again? ) was news. Check this out.
Here is a video shot when he was working on the album. Love this song. “Life is a Photograph”.
So, I hope you all take a moment and listen to Will’s music and even better download it and listen to it over and over again. Better yet go see him perform. You can tell him that Elizabeth’s boyfriend Jake’s Aunt sent you to see him. He will not be impressed. Well, maybe you could mention that I used the term “dropped” when referring to his CD and that may up my cool factor. Anyhow……go see him. You will be happy you did.
The Noise In My Head (and it is full of Will’s music)
Triple P and I were watching The Oscars last night and a commercial came on for the new reality TV show “Splash”.
Me: “Have you seen this? There is a new reality show that has Celebrities doing high dives”.
Triple P: “What?!?!, That is ridiculous. Who thinks this stuff up? Obviously I am going to have to watch at least one episode!”
She kills me.
Today is Jakey Boom Boom’s Birthday. I love him as big as the sky as big as the ocean and in honor of his 29th Birthday (Oh My God!) I am listing 29 things I love about my Jakey.
1. He was the firstborn of the nieces/nephews and he was our crown prince.
2. He had the most beautiful blonde curls.
3. I loved to dress him up and once drove an hour to a specific store to buy him a jacket I believed he had to have. I do want it noted I had nothing to do with the socks with sandals fiasco. That was all his mother.
4. He once counted from one to a hundred over and over again all the way from Mystic to Revere. I did not mind.
5. I loved sharing Jake with Dennis. They had a pretty cool relationship and Dennis once told me that he felt that Jake had made him an “Uncle”.
6. Dennis also taught Jakey Boom Boom the phrase “One, Two, Cheat…..Go!”. Nice.
7. He would come and stay with me for overnights as soon as he was potty trained. I loved having him to myself.
8.. He loved the Ghostbusters and Pee Wee Herman.
9. He refers to the years before Marissa and Sam were born as the “Golden Years”.
10. Not only was Jake the perfect older brother but he was the perfect Cousin.
11. Some of my favorite memories of Marissa’s toddler years include Jake. He would come stay with us and play with her for hours. The elaborate production they staged of “Beauty and the Beast” is on video if anyone would like to see it. Jake made a handsome Gaston.
12. When Jake was in Pre School he told me he had a girlfriend with red eyes, drank a lot but she had money. I told him to marry her.
13. I loved to hear Jake call Marissa “Rissy Girl”.
14. Jake was very athletic growing up playing Basketball and Football. We attended as many games as we could and cheered loudly for “Jakey Boom Boom”. He did not mind.
15. I wanted him to be a part of my wedding but his parents wanted a weekend to party. I am sorry Jake.
16.When we were first married The Saint had a small RV type thing, I was not a fan but Jakey loved it. He loved taking drives to the beach in it and even slept in it when he visited. Even though I did not like it so much I did not want to sell it because Jake liked to play in it.
17. When he was 6 I took him to Canobie Lake and even went on the rides that scared me or made me sick because he wanted to! I also drove the Antique Cars with him 4 times in a row. He was driving and he loved it!
18. During his High School Years he had a very short-lived dress like a “gangster” phase. Thank God it did not last long.
19. He made me watch the movie “Space Camp” and then talked about going to Space Camp for months.
20. I bought him a monogrammed robe one Christmas and he cried. I am still trying to make up for it.
21. He irons all his clothes.
22. He is financially more responsible than anyone in the family.
23. He takes his Grandmother to Church every Saturday.
24. He ran a Marathon.
25.He still likes to shop with me.
26. He was voted one of Forty under Forty making a difference in their communities in Southeastern Conn. I am so proud of him but not at all surprised.
27. He wears his Rotary pin on his suit lapel.
28. He is a geek.
29. He loves Elizabeth.
I believe Jakey Boom Boom lit the stars and hung the moon.
Happy Birthday. I love you.
I am going to Conn. tomorrow to visit my sister and as usual I am stressing about making the trip. I have been driving back and forth from Boston to Mystic/Farmington for 30 years and still every time I have to do it I have anxiety. I voiced my concerns to Triple P, the Mental Health Counselor, and this conversation took place.
Me: “I am already feeling anxious about driving tomorrow”
Triple P: “You have issues!”.
Me: “No kidding, maybe you could help me with this?”
Triple P: ( without missing a beat) “Nope. Conflict of interest”.
I am thinking now would be a good time to flash her the C-Section scar.
Attention: To The Saint, Triple P, and The Thinker,
You all are required to attend an emergency “How to load a dishwasher” class at 6:00 pm this evening in our kitchen. Basic skills will be taught such as placing plates on the top will interfere with the dishwasher’s blades, opening the door and actually pulling the shelf out will prevent overcrowding in the utensil baskets and putting the glasses in an upright position will not only clean the outside of the glass but the inside as well. Shocking, I know. Please do not give your Instructor (ME!) the usual “At least I put it in the dishwasher” line because I aint buying it. Let’s just for argument’s sake say I used the same thought process. I foresee the following in your future…..”I put the dinner in the oven I just did not turn the oven on” or “At least I washed your clothes I just did not put them in the dryer…or fold them …or place them neatly on your bed” or (my personal favorite) “Hey, at least I sent the student loan payment I just did not sign the check”. I think you follow……….
If the dishwasher loading tutorial goes well I may find the strength to tackle “How to get the dirty laundry completely into the hamper” but I fear I am getting ahead of myself. Let’s start with the dishwasher and see how long it takes before all three of you start getting that glazed look in your eyes. When I feel that maybe… just maybe you have conquered this impossible feat then and only then will you all be allowed to take turns refilling my wine glass.
I have not had a margarita in a really long time…..trying to be good and blah, blah, blah. I had one tonight and it was so good I did not want it to end. The following conversation took place.
Me: “This margarita is freaking amazing! Is it bothering you that I am slurping up every last drop?”
Ann: “You can suck the ice cubes for all I care!”.
Reason # 5,328 we are friends.
The Noise In My Head ……( and it is singing a weird combination of “That’s What Friends are For” and “Margaritaville”.)
Happy Valentine’s Day. I know that some people feel that Valentine’s Day is a commercial holiday made to sell roses, chocolate and cards but I disagree. I also know that some people feel that Valentine’s Day is a day to make those not “In Love” to feel shunned, alone and depressed. Which still promotes the chocolate industry because who has not bought themselves a box of chocolates and sat on the kitchen floor eating them watching “Love Actually” until they are all gone. Maybe that was just me. But none the less, today is Valentine’s Day and I love a holiday.
I love any Holiday. Hell, I have been known to celebrate Groundhog Day. I also believe that you can make any day a Holiday. There is just so much to celebrate. A lost tooth, a good day at work, finishing a Boot Camp without hurting yourself or anyone else……so many celebrations but the best ones are those that become a tradition. My father was my first valentine. Until we were married he sent my sisters and me something for Valentine’s Day every year. When we were little it was always a small box of candy. As we became older and were away at school and the such he sent card. Without a doubt every Valentine’s Day I could be assured that no matter what was happening in my love life I would have a Valentine for Feb. 14 and I was loved.
My Dad stopped the Valentine’s tradition when I got married. He passed the bow and arrow (get it? bow and arrow? I kill myself) on to The Saint. Sweet Mother of God, The Saint is not good at traditions, gifts, surprises or anything celebratory. He is good at a lot of things but Valentine’s day is not one of them. Our first Valentine’s Day together he gave me a potted plant. A potted plant that did not even have a flower blooming on it…..ever. He said “Not for nothing but flowers die and this plant will live a lot longer”. He also gave me a card with a Hippo on the front of it. Romantic, right? So by the time Marissa came along I was over him not being into celebrating every little thing like I was but I did want Marissa to have the same experience I had with my Father on Valentine’s day. So I stressed to The Saint how important this tradition was to me and I wanted him and Marissa to have the same special tradition, he agreed. So, for Marissa’s first Valentine’s Day I reminded him to do something a week before, 2 days before and the day before Feb. 14.
On Valentine’s Day I had Marissa dressed in a sweet red dress and the camera ready to document her first Valentine from her Daddy. We waited and waited for him. He was late. When he finally did walk in the door he sheepishly explained that Walgreens was packed with last-minute Valentine’s Day shoppers, all of them men. But, not to fear he had something for his baby girl. I held Marissa in my lap and happily helped her open the gift bag. Inside there was a little purple bag with a white bunny inside of it and the bag said “Hoppy Easter”. What!?!?! As Marissa stuffed the bunny into her mouth I looked at The Saint for explanation and he proudly explained that there was nobody in the Easter Aisle because they were all crowded into the Valentine aisle. Nice. Reason # 3,789 I drink and why I continue to buy myself a big box of chocolates on Valentine’s Day, it gets bigger every year, and sit on the floor eating them watching “Love Actually” until it is all gone.
Happy Valentine’s Day. Will you be mine?
The Noise In My Head ………( and it is singing “Every Kiss begins with K”. Damn you Kay Jewelers!)