Jakey, Elizabeth and Sam
Today is Jakey Boom Boom’s Birthday. I love him as big as the sky as big as the ocean and in honor of his 29th Birthday (Oh My God!) I am listing 29 things I love about my Jakey.
1. He was the firstborn of the nieces/nephews and he was our crown prince.
2. He had the most beautiful blonde curls.
3. I loved to dress him up and once drove an hour to a specific store to buy him a jacket I believed he had to have. I do want it noted I had nothing to do with the socks with sandals fiasco. That was all his mother.
4. He once counted from one to a hundred over and over again all the way from Mystic to Revere. I did not mind.
5. I loved sharing Jake with Dennis. They had a pretty cool relationship and Dennis once told me that he felt that Jake had made him an “Uncle”.
6. Dennis also taught Jakey Boom Boom the phrase “One, Two, Cheat…..Go!”. Nice.
7. He would come and stay with me for overnights as soon as he was potty trained. I loved having him to myself.
8.. He loved the Ghostbusters and Pee Wee Herman.
9. He refers to the years before Marissa and Sam were born as the “Golden Years”.
10. Not only was Jake the perfect older brother but he was the perfect Cousin.
11. Some of my favorite memories of Marissa’s toddler years include Jake. He would come stay with us and play with her for hours. The elaborate production they staged of “Beauty and the Beast” is on video if anyone would like to see it. Jake made a handsome Gaston.
12. When Jake was in Pre School he told me he had a girlfriend with red eyes, drank a lot but she had money. I told him to marry her.
13. I loved to hear Jake call Marissa “Rissy Girl”.
14. Jake was very athletic growing up playing Basketball and Football. We attended as many games as we could and cheered loudly for “Jakey Boom Boom”. He did not mind.
15. I wanted him to be a part of my wedding but his parents wanted a weekend to party. I am sorry Jake.
16.When we were first married The Saint had a small RV type thing, I was not a fan but Jakey loved it. He loved taking drives to the beach in it and even slept in it when he visited. Even though I did not like it so much I did not want to sell it because Jake liked to play in it.
17. When he was 6 I took him to Canobie Lake and even went on the rides that scared me or made me sick because he wanted to! I also drove the Antique Cars with him 4 times in a row. He was driving and he loved it!
18. During his High School Years he had a very short-lived dress like a “gangster” phase. Thank God it did not last long.
19. He made me watch the movie “Space Camp” and then talked about going to Space Camp for months.
20. I bought him a monogrammed robe one Christmas and he cried. I am still trying to make up for it.
21. He irons all his clothes.
22. He is financially more responsible than anyone in the family.
23. He takes his Grandmother to Church every Saturday.
24. He ran a Marathon.
25.He still likes to shop with me.
26. He was voted one of Forty under Forty making a difference in their communities in Southeastern Conn. I am so proud of him but not at all surprised.
27. He wears his Rotary pin on his suit lapel.
28. He is a geek.
29. He loves Elizabeth.
I believe Jakey Boom Boom lit the stars and hung the moon.
Happy Birthday. I love you.
Jake meets Marissa for the first time.
Jake and Mario
Jake and Sam, the Football years. This picture kills me.
40 under 40. Can you see his Rotary pin on his lapel? By the way, he is eating the most amazing Mac and Cheese out of that Martini glass. I had seconds and thirds!
This is his GQ pose and he is going to KILL me!